Pawsitively Great Pets offers a wide and varied level of expertise and services. We understand that your pet is part of your family and strive to help you achieve your goals with whatever training is required - be it general training or treating more specific behavioural concerns.
Our experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Destructive Behaviours (eg: chewing, digging, destroying furniture)
- General Training (eg: recalls, pulling on the leash, Jumping up)
- Toilet Training
- So much more..
- Fear and Timidity ( eg: Fear of general environments, strangers, new places, other people and dogs)
- Separation Anxiety (mild and extreme cases)
- Aggression (eg: other dogs, people, redirected idiopathic)
- Resource Guarding
- Impolite behaviours (eg: humping)
Amanda, our head behaviourist has a great understanding of pets and pet behaviour. Her previous work experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Behavioural Trainer for "Good Pet Behaviour", Melbourne's leading referral base for veterinary behaviourists.
- Over 6 years experience at RSPCA Victoria managing the behaviour department including developing and managing shelter assessments, consultations, public education and running group classes
- Teaching at Melbourne Polytechnic (NMIT) in veterinary nursing studies and teaching in RSPCA Animal Studies to develop students' understanding of animal behaviour and training.
- Over 2 years experience working with Monash University with various Animal Welfare research projects.
Pawistively Great Pets offers services for dogs of all ages and learning types. We specialise in one-on-one training in the comfort of your own home. We strive to continue to work towards better understanding and education of pets and their general behaviour. It is through this we continue to work with a variety of rescue organisations and shelters to help develop responsible pet ownership and the best partnership between owners and their pets.